Cambridge Technology Law treats IP as it should be treated, as an integral part of your business strategy. When evaluating your plans, we will help you develop your legal strategy as it relates to your IP assets in parallel with your business strategy – IP is an asset and a business tool, and so it is part of your business plan. A strategically planned IP Portfolio supports and enriches your business goals.
Because of our years of experience as in-house counsel, we have developed Intellectual Property strategies to meet business objectives at appropriate cost.
- We help you to evaluate inventors’ disclosures–which inventions fit into corporate objectives and should be patented?
- We assess competitive landscape–where is the industry headed, what can you invent or acquire to ensure that you maintain a competitive advantage?
- We evaluate your IP portfolio against corporate objectives–can the portfolio be pruned to reduce costs while preserving value? Where can it be strengthened? How can the portfolio get out in front of industry trends?
- We work closely with you to understand your business context, so we can target which innovations to patent, which to protect by trade secret, and what to protect by copyright or trademark. Together we develop an IP strategy that achieves all business goals.
- We conduct IP audits, fine-tune IP strategies based on the results, and then help to fine tune corporate strategies based on IP portfolios.